[Esip-preserve] Update from Data Stewardship Committee Student Fellow

Hou, Chung-Yi hou at illinois.edu
Sat May 21 14:22:23 EDT 2016

Dear ESIP Data Stewardship Committee,

I am very happy to share with you that I graduated from the Master of Science in Library and Information Science program from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) this week, and upon graduation, I was informed that I was voted by the UIUC Graduate School of Library and Information Science faculty to receive the Downs Professional Promise Award!

Per my conversation with Ruth, I understand that the ESIP Data Stewardship Committee has expressed support for me to receive this award.  I am truly honored and grateful to have been selected, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your support.

As your student fellow for the last year and a half, I have learned so much from working with all of you, and I really could not have gained the knowledge and the skills that I now have in the field of data stewardship without being part of the Committee and the ESIP community as a whole.

Even though my fellowship with the Committee will conclude this year, I look forward to staying involved and continue to contribute to all the different ESIP activities.

Thank you all so much again.

Sincerely,
Sophie

Sophie Hou, MLIS