[Esip-preserve] time to update the citation guidelines?

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:26:21 EDT 2016

It might be fun to compare what comes out of the scientific disciplinary
approach to citations
with the background Umberto Eco (who died this last year) provides in

Eco, U., 2015: How to Write a Thesis, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA,
translated by C. M. Farina and G. Farina.

He doesn't reference DOI's, but was one of the most important scholars in
the humanities
dealing with semiotics (as well as publishing some interesting novels).

Bruce B.