[Esip-preserve] potential NYT editorial on data

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 27 12:51:50 EDT 2017

Hi all,
I've put together a potential submission to the New York Times as a
follow-on to our data rescue document. Mark Parsons and Ruth Duerr provided
a very helpful first edit.

Given that the chances of being accepted are very slim, and largely hinge
on the timeliness of the topic, at this point I'd ask that you focus any
feedback on 1) factual corrections, and/or 2) key calls to action, e.g.
what would we hopefully want people to do as a result of reading the
article. If it is accepted, the NYT would have major input in the final
column, so wordsmithing at this stage isn't necessary. For these reasons, I
made the doc comment-only.

Please do send any objections, however, to the idea of doing a NYT
editorial in the first place.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SGJnqaSqOK8UGsTATAicyTH_
W5rmBW6lSSZ8vLvN4iA/edit?usp=sharing

Best,