[Esip-preserve] potential NYT editorial on data

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Fri Apr 28 16:54:23 EDT 2017

Well done, sir. You demonstrated exemplary inclusivity, leadership, and compelling writing.

fingers crossed.

-m.
On Apr 28, 2017, at 19:34, Matthew Mayernik via Esip-preserve <esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

Hi all,
Thanks for all of your input. I've gone through your comments and edits and have a much improved draft. As I mentioned, I think timeliness is more important than the exact wording at this point, so I'd like to call it good enough, and ready to submit. I'll try to get it in today, not soon enough for this weekend, but potentially for next week if they like it.

Also, I've had a few side conversations about authorship. I don't know NYT policies on authorship, but if they accept, I will work with them to find some way to indicate the group authorship, either in the by-line or as an added sentence somewhere.

Matt