[Esip-preserve] Preservation Contnet Standard - New Work Item Proposal apporved by ISO TC 211

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Tue Aug 29 18:56:08 EDT 2017

All,

I am pleased to announce that the New Work Item Proposal I had submitted for developing a standard titled "Geographic information -- Preservation of digital data and metadata -- Part 2: Content specifications for Earth observation data and derived digital products" has gone through TC 211's international voting.  It has been approved and we can proceed with the development of the standard document (number ISO 19165-2). This has been a long time coming, having started with the Provenance and Context Content Standard from this committee, leading to NASA's Preservation Content Specification and then to the NWIP. The "real" work begins now with the project team which will consist of experts from 9 countries who have signed up to participate. I will start drafting the document and I am sure I will seek help from many of you. Thanks in advance.

Rama.

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

 <mailto:Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com> Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.