[Esip-preserve] Categorizing data risk factors

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Thu Oct 19 12:32:55 EDT 2017

I started a draft sort of template, so y’all can get the idea and see if it might work:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11E7q8aqKXMqfvlG_P26MLRbO2t_3Pvbev2s3sjx4nkU/edit?usp=sharing

cheers,

-m.
On 18 Oct 2017, at 18:29, Parsons, Mark via Esip-preserve <esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

Hi Matt and all,

This is a great initiative.

There is a concept in organizational management called a risk register. Maybe that can act as a model for us. We want to produce an environmental data risk register— a way to identify and classify risks, mitigation strategies, and contingency plans.

At a broader level, I have been very impressed by the FAIR initiative, but I think it is missing some preservation and risk issues. We need to ensure Stewardship gets the same attention as FAIR. FAIRS?

Anyway, sign me up.

cheers,

-m.