[Esip-preserve] NOAA EDM workshop - call for interest in travel funds

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 4 18:34:14 EST 2018

Hi all,
In the DS Committee budget for 2018, we included travel support for one
committee member to attend the NOAA Environmental Data Management Workshop
in April. We did not allocate the trip to any particular person, so I would
like to give everybody the opportunity to request the travel funds. I have
confirmed that ESIP should have no trouble supporting anyone, including
NOAA and other federal employees.

If you are interested in potentially attending via ESIP support, please
send me a note in the next week (by 1/11). Since this is a NOAA meeting, in
your email, please describe what you hope to get out of your attendence,
e.g. your connection/interest with NOAA data (using, wanting, critiquing,
value-adding, Cloud computing on, ...).

Depending on the amount of interest, we will come up with a transparent
selection process, hopefully to be completed by Jan 17 or earlier, to give
a few days before the poster/talk submission deadline.

MEETING DETAILS:
2018 NOAA Environmental Data Management Workshop (EDMW)
Apr 23-24, 2018 - DoubleTree Hotel, Silver Spring, Maryland.
https://edmw2018.sched.com/
poster/talk submission deadline - Jan 22

Let me know if you have any questions,

Best,
Matt