[Esip-preserve] Current Data Citation Mappings

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Tue Aug 28 13:39:32 EDT 2018

“mandatory as applicable”

-m.

On 28 Aug 2018, at 10:33, Denise Hills via Esip-preserve <esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on this!

I wanted to chime in with Mark re: location – there’s some data, that no matter how much we wish it could be digital, can’t be, at least yet. For example, I will be digitizing my cores, but there’s still a lot of data from that core that can’t be digitized. So location is a very useful piece of metadata *in some cases* but not something I think needs to be mandatory.

--
Denise Hills
Director, Energy Investigations