[Esip-preserve] Reporting standard for total archive volume

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu May 23 14:39:57 EDT 2019

We include volume in he COUNTER Code of Practice for Researcher Data in the
standardized metrics.  Details at
https://makedatacount.org/ , and feedback for v2 is being collected.

Matt

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:52 AM, Nancy Ritchey - NOAA Federal via
Esip-preserve <esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Group,
> I'm reaching out to you because we've been asked to identify archive
> volume reporting standards. I don't know of any so I thought I'd ask the
> brain trust. Specifically:
> Is(Are) there a standard(s) for reporting archive volumes? If yes, please
> provide.
> Do you report both your primary and secure/back-up or secondary volume?
> Do you report the actual volume archived or some other variant such as you
> compress data on your storage device, but report the uncompressed volume?
> Thanks for any insight you can share.
> Nancy
>
> ---
> Nancy Ritchey
> Archive Branch Chief
> ORCID: 0000-0003-3939-6287
> NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
> Asheville, NC 28801
> 828-271-4445
> *Connect with us on Facebook for **climate*
> <http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate>* and **ocean and geophysics*
> <http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo>* information, and follow us on
> Twitter at **@NOAANCEIclimate * <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate>
> *and **@*NOAANCEIocngeo <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIocngeo>.

> (_internal_name)s
>
> --
*Matthew B. Jones*
ORCID: 0000-0003-0077-4738 <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0077-4738>
Director of Informatics R&D, National Center for Ecological Analysis and
Synthesis <http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo>
PI, NSF Arctic Data Center <https://arcticdata.io/>
Director, DataONE <https://dataone.org/> program
University of California Santa Barbara