[Esip-preserve] AGU Session ED22: Dirty Stories of Data Rescue: Sharing Successes and Learning Opportunities to Improve Workflows

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Tue Jul 23 09:51:25 EDT 2019

Sorry if you receive this from multiple avenues, but as you know it’s important to promote sessions to get abstracts.

I would like you to encourage you to submit an abstract to the session, ED22: Dirty Stories of Data Rescue: Sharing Successes and Learning Opportunities to Improve Workflows<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/77196>, to be held at the American Geophysical Union’s Annual Meeting<https://www2.agu.org/fall-meeting>, 9-13 December, 2019, in San Francisco, CA. The abstract deadline is 31 July 2019 at 11:59 EDT, so time is running out!

Data rescue efforts, although common, do not always get the recognition they deserve. People do not know how others have addressed similar data challenges, because the stories of data rescue are not always shared. This session is meant to highlight those data rescue stories that enable research. We aim to highlight effective workflows of data rescue and preservation, to engage a broader community in these efforts.

This session is proposed as an e-lightning session<https://www2.agu.org/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Submit-an-abstract/#%7B7FAB245E-A2C5-4C7B-8A9B-083949193FB5%7D>, an alternative session format involving a brief oral presentation and an interactive electronic display. We felt that this was the best way to help present your data rescue story to the widest audience. We really want you to emphasis the story aspect of the data rescue effort, as we believe this is the best way to get people truly engaged with these efforts.

This session is in Education (co-convened with ESSI); therefore authors can submit an additional first-author abstract. Information about abstract guidelines can be found here<https://www2.agu.org/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Submit-an-abstract/>. Please note that you must be an AGU member in order to submit an abstract.

Thanks, and please feel free to reach out to any of the co-conveners with questions.

Denise Hills
Steve Diggs
Simon Goring
Shane Hanlon