[Esip-preserve] PIDs for facilities and instruments - Sept workshop

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:45:42 EDT 2023

Hi all,
We are holding a workshop on PIDs for facilities and instruments in mid
September in Boulder, CO. If you are interested in this topic, we would be
happy to have you join! The full workshop invite is below. We still have
travel funds available if you are interested and would need travel support.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Matt

We are inviting interested individuals to a workshop for our NSF-funded
project titled “FAIR Facilities and Instruments: Enabling transparency,
reproducibility, and equity through persistent identifiers”. The workshop
will take place at the University of Colorado, Boulder, September 13 – 15,
2023.

The goal of the workshop will be to dig into important questions related to
assigning persistent identifiers (PID) for research facility and
instrumentation. Major questions for discussion at the workshop will
include:

What best practices should be developed for handling instrument/facility
evolution?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different PID systems for
research facilities and instrumentation?

What use cases exist for Instrument and Facility PID usage?

Can PIDs be used to support better discovery/request processes?

We are able to offer reimbursement for travel for eligible workshop
participants.

Please express your interest in attending here: https://tinyurl.com/55n7rn2f