[Esip-schema-dot-org] ESIP SemTech - dedicated ontology federation telecon

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (172B) lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 3 11:52:09 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for cross posting!

What?
We’ve established an additional, regular SemTech call focused ONLY on the Ontology Federation (name TBD) theme and are therefore soliciting input from the wider community.

What is the Ontology Federation (name TBD) and why do I care?
This ESIP Semantic Technologies Committee-championed initiative will, for the first time, organize a semantic knowledge space, information architecture and software infrastructure for Earth and planetary knowledge semantics. Although not fully realized yet, this effort has the potential to directly influence and benefit adoption of future knowledge-driven systems.
This a grass roots effort and is just starting so a significant opportunity exists for your contributions to actually make a difference in the way this this is put together.

When?
Call details are as follows

Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wMVNI1xuG2uDasMcBxk57y1lSJfq0tKRxDvDXhYmpb8/edit?usp=sharing

  *   2nd Tuesday of each month at 4pm Eastern
  *   GoToMeeting: https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/976796333
  *   Phone Access: United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
  *   Access Code: 976-796-333

Please update your calendar if this is of interest. If you have any questions please reply to me directly or (preferred) please use the newly minted ESIP #ontology_federation Slack channel - https://join.slack.com/share/I011B0767PZ/BY57IgvMZEjxm1iG8RGpxr2y/enQtMTA0NTAwNzIxMTgxNS1lYWY5NDNmN2M1MGI2ZTNjNWVhNDE5YTAzNjliNmVmMjAyZDA0MGQ5MDE5OGIwMzA5Y2U5MDBhZjJkOWI3MTQ4

Thank you
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.(Hons)
Enterprise Search Technologist
Web and Mobile Application Development Group (172B)
Application, Consulting, Development and Engineering Section (1722)
Info & Engineering Technology Planning and Development Division (1720)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099