[Esip-schema-dot-org] Recap Oct 5. Telecon

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Mon Oct 5 20:47:30 EDT 2020

Hi folks,

Here are the notes from today's telecon:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tIlDVnKeocO1E_SSbNaldv0avORfGFdmYDNk_3ub6ik/edit?ts=5d9ed12d#heading=h.vovgzusf3j99

to recap:
1. we split out some issues from v1.2(
https://github.com/ESIPFed/science-on-schema.org/milestone/5 ) and moved
those to a proposed v1.3(
https://github.com/ESIPFed/science-on-schema.org/milestone/6 ) with the
goal of completing v1.2 before the ESIP Winter Meeting

2. We've decided to prepare an ESIP Winter Meeting Session before the
Nov.5 deadline. Discuss ideas over the next two cluster meetings Oct. 22
and Nov 2. Ideas can be contributed here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/168aAeWo7l-VX_Hwvcp8KeGhltQZhFls9ib6ZiO_K2JM/edit#heading=h.xkpfsohnkemp

3. We may also pursue presenting a schema:variableMeasured plan at the
ESIP Winter Meeting at the Research Showcase with an interactive poster.
We discussed a plan for support of the SOSA/SSN model with some
practical examples using domain vocabs/ontologies. Making
recommendations of domain vocabs/ontologies. Ideas can be contributed
here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rDVOqHCI3oCZ6g13viRdqr6le10Fivd4Okt6qJQQXKc/edit#slide=id.p
(deadline is sometime in December)

4. We plan to present a plan to pursue an release of the
Science-on-Schema.org guidelines for ESIP Recommendation at the 2021
Summer Meeting
Next agenda here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tIlDVnKeocO1E_SSbNaldv0avORfGFdmYDNk_3ub6ik/edit?ts=5d9ed12d#
* feel free to add agenda items