[Esip-scicomm] Oct's call notes + winter meeting sessions

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Fri Oct 28 14:51:45 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Apologies that I didn’t send this out sooner. Here’s a link to the ongoing notes from the scicomm calls: https://goo.gl/P89sl1

We discussed trying to get Kasey White from the Geological Society of America to help run a scicomm workshop on how to talk with funders/policy makers. Unfortunately, she is already booked that week, but I’m talking with her about maybe doing something at the summer meeting or next winter, and possibly looping in a few other organizations that she has contacts with.

Christine has written up a great blurb for a SciComm Counseling brownbag. Please let her know if you’d like to review it, or contribute to the organization of the brownbag/lunch discussion.

Session proposals are due Monday. We had several session ideas that I think will work better (with more planning) for the summer meeting. However, I’ve done a brief write-up of a session that we could do to start on the science v public terms update that we discussed on the call. Please comment on the writeup as you see fit: https://goo.gl/miGdNG

Thanks!
Denise

Denise Hills
Director, Energy Investigations