[Esip-sciencesoftware] ESIP - Reminder Science Software Cluster Telecon tomorrow ... agenda attached.

Nicholas Weber via Esip-sciencesoftware esip-sciencesoftware at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Oct 23 15:21:23 EDT 2014

Hi,

Our NEW software cluster telecon time is tomorrow Friday, October 24th at
2pm EST.

Call in information is below.

We'll be talking about the following points:

1. Goings on in the world of Sci. Software:

- NIH  Software Discovery Index: http://softwarediscoveryindex.org/

- Mozlilla Collaboration portal: http://collaborate.mozillascience.org/

- A cool new extension of docker to R, creatively called Rocker:
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2014/10/23/#introducing_rocker

2. Winter meeting ideas? We scheduled a session, so we should brainstorm
what we think a good use of that time might be...

3. A few of us are putting together a test-bed proposal for the software
cluster:

The working title is borrowed from ongoing work of a number of other people
--->  "Minimal metadata schemas for science software and code, in JSON and
XML."

The general idea is to contribute to the project with use cases from the
ESIP community as well as extend mappings from other (existing) standards.

I'll share the proposal text that I have later tonight or early tomorrow
morning. We would love for anyone who is interested to join us - so take a
look and call in tomorrow.

Talk to you soon.
Nic

 To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting

1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fesipfed.webex.com&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNHPzR1eD0UM2r2Z3LolFelApQ4fgA>
2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
3. Select the YOUR MEETING NAME If a password is required, enter the
Meeting Password: 23136782

To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone

Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Global call-in numbers:
https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fesipfed.webex.com%2Fesipfed%2Fglobalcallin.php%3FserviceType%3DMC%26ED%3D9910728%26tollFree%3D1Toll-free&usd=2&usg=AFQjCNGBMe51KJpIABeehTXsAretvJWoAw>