[Esip-sciencesoftware] Software Stewardship Principles

Nicholas Weber nmweber at illinois.edu
Sun May 17 17:48:26 EDT 2015

Hi,

Notes from our telecon on Friday are up on the software wiki:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Science_Software

One initiative that we decided to quit talking about and start working on
were a set of "Software stewardship principles and recommended practices" -
modeled after the ESIP endorsed data stewardship principles from 2011 ( you
can find those here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interagency_Data_Stewardship/Principles)

I've just started a github repository where we can work on this and have
discussions via the issues feature
https://github.com/ESIPFed/Software-Stewardship-Principles/wiki

If you're interested and want to participate jump in and start making
changes there.

Best,
Nic

--