[Esip-semanticharmonization] Community Ontology Engineering Workshop @Ocean Sciences Meeting - 16th-21st February 2020, San Diego

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 13 11:25:45 EDT 2019

Hi esip-semtech@, esip-marinedata@ and esip-semanticharmonization@,
During the SemTech business breakout at the ESIP Summer meeting we discussed hosting a geoscience community ontology engineering workshop (GCOEW) [0] at the forthcoming Ocean Sciences Meeting - 16th-21st February 2020, San Diego [1].
The GCOEW we held at ESIP Summer was successful with loads of participation and feedback on how we improve for the future. We are also hosting a similar event at the AGU Fall Meeting.
It turns out that the Events and Workshop Request Deadline [2] is 18 September 2019, 11:59 P.M. ET/03:59 +1 GMT so we have time to bring together the proposal if there is sufficient interest.
Should we go for it? If so, can people send responses indicating interest. The intention would be to facilitate remote participation so don’t worry if you would not be able to make it.
Thank you
Lewis

[0] https://sched.co/PtTi
[1] https://www.agu.org/en/Ocean-Sciences-Meeting
[2] https://agu.confex.com/agu/osm20/prelim.cgi/Program/2663

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.(Hons)
Data Scientist III
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group (398M)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099