[Esip-semanticharmonization] Semantic Harmonization cluster call

Ruth Duerr ruth.duerr3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:37:12 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Well, we are now a cluster and while we need to keep the ENVO/SWEET harmonization hackathon momentum going, I think that it is time that we stepped back a little to decide what else, if anything, this cluster should be doing, especially given its name.

A few of the questions I am thinking about follow.  Please respond via email to each, so we can figure out the best path forward!

In addition to the hackathons which are scheduled as primary players schedules permit, should there be a regularly scheduled monthly cluster call?
Which of the following topics would you be interested in as part of a regularly scheduled call?
How to move the field forward?
Best practices for semantic harmonization?
Harmonization needs (i.e., ontologies that need harmonizing)
Connections to other projects/programs/communities elsewhere
ESIP meeting plans
Any other topics you can think of (write them here)
 What disciplines are you specifically interested in working on or gaining knowledge about?
What other needs or questions on this topic do you have?

Thanks so much for responding and making this cluster a success (in advance)!

Ruth