[esip-semanticweb] Funding for ESIP Semantic Web activities

Raskin, Rob robert.g.raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 11 18:08:27 EDT 2009

The Products and Services Committee was recently granted $20K to develop a Standards testbed.  Its purpose is to test and get wide community feedback on standards/protocols such as the data type, data service, and science ontologies.  Actually, $5K was specifically allocated to support the Semantic Web Cluster.  So, a web developer could install the ontologies on the testbed and we could register datasets to them, to identify deficiencies, to help establish future standards for Federation use.  We probably should have a Cluster telecon to discuss how to proceed.

-Rob

Rob Raskin
Group Supervisor, Science Data Engineering
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109
(818) 354-4228