[esip-semanticweb] help with marking up WMS/WCS Capability docs?

Benno Blumenthal benno at iri.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 16 17:08:19 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Christopher Lynnes
<Chris.Lynnes at nasa.gov>wrote:

> So you are saying it would be something like:
>
> <Keyword
>  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
>  xmlns:role="http://someuri_root/dataset">
> OMI_A_G
> </Keyword>

No, that is not what I meant.   Ignore for the moment that I have not
reviewed WMS Schema so that this is not legal there, i.e. still need to find
the proper place for this

What I meant was that is is either an object, i.e.

<Keyword
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" <http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink>
xlink:role="http://someuri_root#dataset <http://someuri_root/dataset>"
xlink:href="http://somecontrolled_vocabulary_uri_root#OMI_A_G" />
<http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink>

where we are representing the controlled vocab as an URI, or

<Metadata   xmlns:myns="http://someuri_root <http://someuri_root/dataset>#">
<myns:dataset>OMI_A_G</myns:dataset>
</Metadata>

where myns:dataset implies a restricted set of possible strings as values,
i.e. a controlled vocabulary.

Benno

Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          benno at iri.columbia.edu