[esip-semanticweb] [Esip-federatedsearch] ESIP namespace definitions

Christopher Lynnes Chris.Lynnes at nasa.gov
Mon Oct 26 11:25:27 EDT 2009

Matt,
    There are more things going on in ESIP that utilize namespaces
than just the Federated Search effort.  The machine tagging of WMS
capability documents is one such effort just beginning in the Air
Quality cluster (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Recommendations_for_Semantic_Web_Markup_of_Existing_XML
).  Servicecasting, an effort to advertise services spearheaded by
Brian Wilson, is another.  There are also ongoing ontology
developments with ESIP.
    I am proposing a common namespace, but with a hierarchy, so that
each effort can define its own namespace extensions as necessary, but
so that we will also be able to utilize each other's namespaces where
appropriate.  Servicecasting is likely to be an early case of that.