[esip-semanticweb] data type and service ontology mtg after ESIP, Jan 8.

Yuqi Bai yuqibai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:07:39 EST 2010

Chris, Peter, et al,
GEOSS Component and Service Registry is one of the corner stones of GEOSS
Common Infrasture. The registry system working team (Prof.Liping Di's group
at CSISS/GMU) is recently preparing the inputs for the GEOSS AIP-3 CFP.
During the AIP-3, we intend to evaluate how data type [dataset level],
service type and domain knowledge ontologies could be leveraged to support
end user's needs within GEOSS CSR. Could this be a starting point?

Here are the reference links
http://geossregistries.info
http://www.ogcnetwork.net/AIP-3CFP

Thanks!

Yuqi

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) <
christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov> wrote:

> I can do it, although I may need to duck out for an hour of time at 10:00.
>  But what are we going to cover? And at what point should we start
> integrating ontologies being developed in our community of practice?
>

> --
> Chris Lynnes   301-614-5185   NASA/GSFC Code 610.2, B32/S130B

Yuqi Bai
GEOSS Componet and Service Registry - Task Leader
Research Assistant Professor
Center for Spatial Information Science and Systems (CSISS)
George Mason University