[esip-semanticweb] save the date... Jan 25, 2011, 2pm ET

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 14 13:35:47 EST 2011

On Jan 10, 2011, at 2:08 PM, Peter Fox wrote:

> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web_Tutorial
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web (for telecon info)
> - review the tutorial and feedback
> - discuss ESIP 'project' ontology
> - testbed functions and new applications
> - next steps.

I would like to add one topic, the idea of using the http://esipfed.org/ site for dereferencible ontology IRIs.

This came up in the context of our Data Quality Screening Service, where we have been developing an ontology to support quality control.  We would like to contribute the more general parts of the ontology to the community, and thus had begun namespacing them as http://esipfed.org/..., but the IRIs we have are not currently derefencible.  We could put in wiki URLs (http://wiki.esipfed.org/...) that would be, but wikis don't lend that sense of persistence you want to have for this sort of thing.
--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185