[esip-semanticweb] FYI: GeoSpatial VoCamp for NSF INTEROP Grant June 2011

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Thu May 5 14:10:56 EDT 2011

I got forwarded this that may be of interest to some...  It will
be June 3,4 at the Library of Congress in DC.

"Current community efforts are starting to develop linking ontologies
to support better interoperable for Land Use. Land Forms and
Marine/Ocean and other Earth Science data. See www.socop.org. The Geo
Web offers a massive amount of structured information that could
greatly enhance the Web of Linked Data. However, to begin the
convergence of the Semantic Web and Geo Web a small set of core
vocabularies is needed. Once constructed, the "Web of Linked
Locations" will make the Web appear as a massive distributed
interoperable spatial database that interlinks locations with other
locations, events, sensors, people and everything in between."