[esip-semanticweb] Semantic Web Telecon Now!

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 28 19:14:31 EDT 2011

Just following up on today's telecon.

Tom Narock posted the telecon notes.
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/SWTeleconNotes20110628

In the notes, regarding the Semantic Web's joint session on a Preservation Ontology with the Preservation and Stewardship cluster, I can confirm that I can do the brief intro to the semantic web for the context of concept mapping, and then we'll have a hands-on concept mapping session to show some "sausage making".

>From the last preservation cluster telecon, it was discussed that perhaps we can take Rama and John Moses' "Provenance and Context Content Standard" (PCCS)
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Provenance_and_Context_Content_Standard
and do a concept mapping of that. Someone also raised the point if we should instead focus the concept mapping on the preservation use cases derived from the ESIP Tuesday session (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/July_12,_2011).

Ruth asked if there is a place for use cases on the wiki. The preservation cluster has a preservation use cases wiki page already setup:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preservation_Use_Cases
There is also another preservation ontology-focused use cases wiki page here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preservation_Ontology#Use_Cases

--Hook