[esip-semanticweb] resume monthly telecons

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 27 01:48:17 EDT 2011

Hi Peter,

The ESDSWG TIWG's "Services, Interoperability, and Orchestration" group
has recently been working on some analysis of Earth science capabilities,
technologies, and the strategy usage mappings between them (for also later
purposes of doing gap analysis). We had tried a couple of different
representations and recently started on a COE concept map, which seems to
be more effective so far. It was pointed out at our telecon last week that
the ontology that is forming of classes and instances of capabilities and
technologies, and their relationships, seems to be a generalization of
some of our various ESIP ontology working group efforts (e.g. ESIP 2011
Winter tutorial on Projects and the ESIP "skills database"). Time
permitting, might we add this to the agenda as well?

I have regular time conflicts with the new SW telecon time. But I may be
able to attend for the first 30-minutes for Sept 27.

Thanks,
Hook