[esip-semanticweb] ToolMatch: next step

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 23 13:58:51 EDT 2012

When we last left our ToolMatch project, we had a simple model for describing tools, datasets and the relationships between them.

Time to start populating!

So now the questions to resolve are:

(1) where to place the triples initially?  (Assuming we sweep them into a triple store to support our application.)
  (a) Load directly into Semantic Web testbed?
  (b) Publish in web accessible folders?
  (c) Other?

(2) what is the instance identifier for a dataset?
  (a) "synthetic" URI? (e.g., http://www.esipfed.org/semweb/datasets/AIRX2RET.005)
  (b) dereferencible dataset "landing page"?  (e.g., http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/citation/GES_DISC_AIRX2RET_V005.html)
  (c) other?

(3) What is the instance identifier for a tool?
  (a) "synthetic" URI? (e.g., http://www.esipfed.org/semweb/tools/Panoply)
  (b) dereferencible URL? (e.g., http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/panoply/)?
  (c) other?

--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185