[esip-semanticweb] ok, let's start with GCIS identifiers

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 27 19:32:08 EDT 2012

On 03/27/2012 06:11 PM, Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) wrote:

> Consensus was that we would like to shoot for URIs with RDF content.
> No objections to going with GCIS naming, so...let's go with it.

Sounds good.

BTW, here is some of the data.gov.uk URI info I mentioned:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/default/files/resources/designing-URI-sets-uk-public-sector.pdf

http://data.gov.uk/resources/uris

and some still developing W3C GLD suggestions:

http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/223_Best_Practices_URI_Construction

> Next question is whether service access points (WMS, WCS, OPeNDAP,
> THREDDS) should also be a property within the GCIS-hosted
> content. What do you think?

I think it is reasonable to put them in GCIS to be able to represent
their relationships with other things.

Curt