[esip-semanticweb] Marketing pitch for ToolMatch Talkoot…what do you think?

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 20 16:15:33 EDT 2012

On Jun 20, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Brian Wee wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
>> We'll be using ultra-cool "Semantic Web" technology, but NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
>
> An alternative to consider:  "We are deploying semantic web technology to enhance your ability to find tools that can work with your data.  Help us understand your needs by joining this session,

Hmmm…I think my marketing pitch is more off-target than I thought.  I did not plan this as a requirements session, but rather a contributing, working session, where people would come in and say, "I know that tool A works with dataset B."  I guess that did not come across?

I really want to emphasize the active contribution aspect.  Let me go back and work on rewording it.  Perhaps even take the explicit semantics aspect out if it's not really viewed as "cool but unapproachable".  Then tell them afterwords, "hey, guess what, you were working in the Semantic Web".

--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes, NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2, 301-614-5185