[esip-semanticweb] Cluster Telecon Today at 4PM Eastern

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Jan 22 13:58:14 EST 2013

On Jan 22, 2013, at 1:31 PM, Eric Rozell wrote:

I think we can host it on AWS through ESIP (I've had permission from Erin for quite some time).

In terms of the software stack, that parts trickier, but I think the Java code I wrote last summer should suffice, we just need to implement the appropriate interfaces to it, and some how add a bit of security.

As long as we're dealing with a minimal set of rules, the turn around should be near instant.  Especially if we avoid hosting all the dataset information on the server.

I think the issue here would be whether we would allow people to insert rules on their own, or rather would they go through an admin.  I think to lighten the load security wise, and to make sure that rules are properly formed, that we should have them entered by an admin (this is where the turnaround time will come in).

This also gives us a use case for our Governance process...

At the winter meeting, we discussed that we would only host Tool and Rule data on the server, and users would POST instances of datasets to determine if what tools were available.  The limitation of this is we miss out on the reverse use case (i.e., find all datasets compatible with a given tool).