[esip-semanticweb] First telecon for 2013 ESDSWG Working Group - Publishing NASA Metadata for Semantic Mashups (Feb. 19, 4 PM ET)

Wilson, Brian D (335G) bdwilson at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 19 17:43:54 EST 2013

Telecon Notes:

Attendees: Eric Rozell, Tom Narock, Richard Strub, Ted Habermann,
Dan Pilone, Anne Wilson, Kathleen Baynes, Luther Lighty,
Thomas Huang, Deanna Pennington, Chris Lynnes, Hook Hua

Best Practices Doc:
 - what is the audience?
 - list all available namespaces that can be reused
 - canonical vocabs.

Killer Apps:
 - faceted search of ECHO datasets, GCMD services/datasets
 - AGU/ESIP people, AGU abstracts, related datasets
 - Virtual Learning Commons (VLC), Deanna
      - does it have API's that can be used by others?
 - SADI tool, semantic orchestration
 - Rules for ToolMatch
 - Validate datasets are CF compliant for Panoply, etc.
 - What else?

ECHO-GCMD Harmonization (from Dan):
 - data model, ops concepts being investigated
 - unified metadata model
 - stakeholder feedback
 - talk to Kevin

Action Items:
 - Brian talk to Eric & Tom about collecting "best practices"
 - Brian will generate an outline for the doc.
 - Presentation next month:  SADI orchestration, and possibly VLC
 - Presentation (when is TBD):  AGU ops, NSF projects
 - Brian will send out some test SPARQL endpoints for ECHO/GCMD LOD
 - GES-DISC has a triple store for data quality, other metadata
    - they could publish some RDF, Brian will bring up endpoint
 - Attend Semantic Cluster telecon next week to coordinate