[esip-semanticweb] new cluster chair

Tom Narock tnarock at marymount.edu
Mon Jan 20 17:09:23 EST 2014

Greetings everyone. It’s a pleasure to take over for Peter and I’d like to thank him for all his efforts as past chair. Congratulations to him as well on his new role as president.

During this transition to new chair we are also introducing the role of vice-chair. This is something that all ESIP Clusters are moving toward and it’s a pleasure to announce that Beth Huffer has agreed to serve as our first vice-chair. In addition to the mailing list you can also contact either of us directly with if need be.
Tom Narock – chair – thomas.narock at marymount.edu
Beff Huffer – vice-chair - beth at lingualogica.net

I’d like to keep continuity and continue with our monthly 4th Tuesday telecons, which will continue be held at 4pm. Our next telecon will be next week – Tuesday January 28th at 4pm. If you have any topics for discussion please send them to me and I’ll add them to the agenda.

As a preliminary agenda I was hoping the following cluster members could comment on current status and outcomes from the winter meeting.

- general overview of the meeting and session (Peter Fox)
- ToolMatch (Chris and/or Patrick)
- schema.org (Peter and others)
- PROV-ES (Hook/Curt)
- GCIS ontology work (Marshall)
- Restart of SWEET Governance (Thomas Huang)

Anything else you’d like to add to the agenda feel free to send it along. Looking forward to this new role and working with everyone in the cluster.

Tom