[esip-semanticweb] SWEET and Sea Ice Mappings

Tom Narock via esip-semanticweb esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Sep 2 12:13:35 EDT 2014

At our last telecon there was discussion of mapping between SWEET and the various Sea Ice ontologies.

Ruth Duerr has compiled a list of updates and extensions that may be needed in SWEET to facilitate mapping. Also, Line Pouchard has used automated alignment tools to identify an initial set of equivalent classes.

I’ve created a new page on the ESIP wiki to facilitate this discussion: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Ontology_Mappings
This page contains Ruth’s comments as well as a link to download Line’s mappings.

Ontology mappings and governance will be a continuing issue for this cluster moving forward. I’d encourage you to take a look at this page and contribute to the discussion. I will also set aside some time at the next telecon to continue this dialogue.

Thanks,
Tom