[esip-semanticweb] ESIP Semantic Technologies Request for Travel and Compute Resources

Tom Narock tnarock at marymount.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:59:10 EST 2016

ESIP Semantic Webers,

The Semantic Technologies Committee is in need of volunteers and feedback. Please reply to me directly (tnarock at marymount.edu <mailto:tnarock at marymount.edu>) if you are interested in either of these opportunities.

1.) Several people have indicated they would be willing to serve as liaisons to Semantic Web related groups outside of ESIP. Additionally, there are several upcoming events in which an ESIP Semantic Web presence would be worthwhile. If you have a specific meeting or liaison opportunity this year and would like to request travel support from the committee send me an email with the details. We can not guarantee that all requests will be granted, but we do need to gather all requests and specifics before a formal request can be made to the ESIP Finance committee.

2.) We are in need of a volunteer (or volunteers) to head up a study on cloud hosting of semantic resources, such as long-term hosting of the portal, triplestore, and other committee applications. Initial seed funding is available to explore cloud hosting options, requirements, and costs. This report could also include potential models for maintenance and governance. Email me if your interested.

Thanks,
Tom