[esip-semanticweb] Minutes of Meetings

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 25 11:51:25 EDT 2016

ACK thanks Tom.

A call here to whoever proposed session #2 for ESIP Summer Meeting, I would very interested in contributing and certainly attending this session. I am the primary developer of Apache Any23 [0] and I would really like to display use of the tool on the consumption side of linked and semantic data. If you want a quick taste of what it does then please visit the web service [1] and try it out. We recently integrated a more strict SAX parsing implementation so sometimes extractions from badly formed (X)HTML fails. I may revert this behavior or make any23 more flexible. If you have any issues then please contact me or the community at user at any23.apache.org. Thanks folks.

I think that the reporting structure for liaisons sounds really good and the knowledge sharing will definitely benefit this group.

@Group, what is the timeline for populating the Ontology Portal Evaluation document?
Thanks

[0] http://any23.apache.org
[1] http://any23.org/

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc., MAGU
Scientific Applications Software Engineer Level 2
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov

           [cid:35DFA4E6-B2BA-4CE6-8793-6073DADD64C4]

 Dare Mighty Things

We are also in the midst of design an ontology portal evaluation. There is a wiki page here
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web_Ontology_Portal_Evaluation_Approach
to begin collecting ideas from the community on what this might look like. Would appreciate everyone taking a look and providing some content.

Thanks,
Tom

Are any minutes recorded for the WG meetings?
Thanks

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc., MAGU
Scientific Applications Software Engineer Level 2
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov>

           <2CB3CA5F-DC06-45EF-ADDA-C49A41A8C401.png>

 Dare Mighty Things