[esip-semantictech] Questions regarding the Semantic_Web_Ontology_Portal_Evaluation_Approach

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 4 17:38:35 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,
I am looking for some clarification on the intended content for the
Semantic Web Ontology Portal Evaluation Approach document [0].
I¹ve edited the Introduction [1] to read as follows

This wiki page supports ESIP's evaluation of semantic repository solutions
in particular providing insight into;

1.  what current and future ESIP Semantic Technologies Committee (STC)
community requirements (CR) are,

2.  a comparative evaluation of different technology stacks/approaches;
with the aim of assessing different solutions based upon how well they
satisfy CR as defined within this document, and

3.  a business cost justification model that could be used to justify
funding semantic web technology stacks.

All ESIP members (and anyone else with an account on this wiki) are
encouraged to contribute towards this document.

Is this an accurate reflection of what is intended?
Who ate the main stakeholders/audience for this document?

Are we COMPARING technologies, or identifying the Semantic Technologies
community requirements and then evaluating whether these requirements are
met by various technology/software stacks?
Can someone please address the above questions then I will stick in an
hour here and there and get some content in to the document.
Thanks
Lewis

[0]
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web_Ontology_Portal_Evaluation_A
pproach
[1]
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web_Ontology_Portal_Evaluation_A
pproach#Introduction

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099