[esip-semantictech] ESIP Winter Meeting Session: Semantic Community Engagement Plan

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 3 00:04:52 EDT 2016

Hi Beth,
Thank you for this.
More comments below

    Message: 2
    Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:41:02 -0600
    From: Beth Huffer <beth at lingualogica.net>
    To: esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org
    Subject: [esip-semantictech] ESIP Winter Meeting Session: Semantic
    	Community	Engagement Plan

    Hi everyone,

    I've posted a session for the Winter Meeting called "Semantic Community
    Engagement Plan".

For everyone’s reference folks here is the placeholder link http://commons.esipfed.org/node/9545.

 It's just a stub right now, but we wanted to get
    something posted, since the deadline is today. Tom and I would love to
    hear your thoughts on what this session should encompass. Thanks very much.

I would suggest the following
1) Optional community update for ongoing/previous Testbed projects. It would seem that the Semantic Tech Committee has been very active with Testbed projects which is great.
2) Community input into the proposed/funded 2017 Testbed projects if any get the green light.
3) SWEET ontology Governance model update… this can/should arguably tie in with Soren Scott w.r.t the VSIG governance work.
4) Bhaskar’s Roadmap… potentially try to perr review and openly discuss any content and constributions which have come forth on this front.
5) Discuss and possibly address any feedback from whoever was/is currently reviewing our community use cases contained within the Semantic Technologies Group Semantic Repository Implementation (SRI) Use Cases & Requirements (UCR) document.
…
Thanks
Lewis