[esip-semantictech] Documentation for the Semantic Portal

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 3 22:09:10 EST 2017

Hi Line/John,

Can one of you please point me to the documentation for interacting with the ontology server [0]?
I acknowledge that John, you mentioned that most of the documentation is managed over on the NCBO website, but if we has a link here it would be most helpful.
I’ve also found a bunch of code on the NCBO Github repository such as [1] which details how to interact with the NCBO service. I am currently evaluating whether this will work when I attempt to programmatically interact with [0].

Another question I have, where is the Semantic Portal code stored? Is it public?

Finally, the Semantic Portal states version 2.4, and bioportal is ahead at current release 4.29 (October 2016). Is there any relationship between the two? Is the former meant to shadow the latter?

Thanks very much in advance,
Lewis

[0] http://semanticportal.esipfed.org/ontologies
[1] https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099