[esip-semantictech] SWEET Ontologies - Open Source

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 7 13:29:16 EST 2017

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for posting this news… really good to hear this.
In order to bootstrap the governance of SWEET, we produced some community resources a while back

1.       How to work with us on Github [0] – a development workflow for anyone wishing to contribute to the STC public documentation generally and SWEET development specifically.

2.       SWEET Ontology Documentation [1] – a work in progress based off of the W3C Spatial Data on the Web Semantic Sensor Network Ontology documentation. This will probably act as the primary document representing SWEET as a resource for the Earth Science Semantics Community.

Within the next few days I’ll work with Thomas to ensure we make the current SWEET codebase available on the ESIPFED Github area with the appropriate licensing. We can then work specifically on bringing [1] up-to-date.

@Beth, it would be nice to have a 15 minute agenda item on this for our next meeting.
Thanks
Lewis

[0] https://github.com/ESIPFed/stc#how-to-work-with-us-on-github
[1] https://esipfed.github.io/stc/sweet/index.html

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099