[esip-semantictech] FW: 2017 ESIP Summer Meeting Session Submission

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 7 15:43:09 EDT 2017

Hi Jon,
Please see the proposal below. Also, see the attached document we presented at last year’s December 2016 AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco.
The text can be found at the following link
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm16/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/194865
I’ll be in touch nearer to the Summer Meeting and we can certainly get you hooked up with some sort of attendance.
Thank you Jon.
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov

           [cid:image001.png at 01D2AF9C.8B044EC0]

 Dare Mighty Things

2017 ESIP Summer Meeting Session Submission
Please fill out the following form to submit a session to the 2017 ESIP Summer Meeting. Session submission closes April 10th.

Email address *
lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Name *
First and Last Name
Lewis McGibbney

Session Information

Session Title *
Extending use of the Open-data CovJSON-LD Format for Improved Interpretation of Coverage Data at NASA JPL’s PO.DAAC

Session Short Name
38 character max
Use of CovJSON-LD at NASA JPl's PO.DAAC

Session Description *
CoverageJSON (or “CovJSON” for short) is a JSON-based format and specification for encoding coverage data. It is primarily intended to be used as a means to convey data from servers to web browsers, so that web developers can develop rich, highly interactive applications based on coverage data. This presentation will update and extend our previous work (presented at AGU Fall Meeting 2016) entitled "An Innovative Open Data-driven Approach for Improved Interpretation of Coverage Data at NASA JPL’s PO.DAAC" by displaying how we use URIs to encode semantic information and context through linked data mechanisms such as JSON-LD e.g. CovJSON-LD. This presentation will be of significant appeal to both semantic technologies and visualization enthusiasts.

Session Types
Breakout Session—collection of multiple speakers giving presentation-style talks. Business Meeting—dedicated planning time for Collaboration Areas. Panel—panels feature a moderator and a group of experts who represent different perspectives. Working Session—participants work together to solve a specific problem. Workshop—classroom-style session to teach attendees; should be hands-on.

Type *
·         Breakout Session
·         Business Meeting
·         Panel
·         Working Session
·         Workshop
·         Other:

Session Participants
Speakers: Individual(s) giving presentations during a session or participating in a panel discussion Moderators: Individual(s) chairing a session or moderating a panel discussion.

Speakers
Add comma separated
Lewis John McGibbney, Jon Blower

Moderators *