[esip-semantictech] Monthly Meeting 4/24

Beth Huffer beth at lingualogica.net
Mon Apr 24 18:44:26 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that our monthly telecon is tomorrow, 4/24, at 4:00pm
Eastern Daylight Time. The agenda is below.

April 25, 2017 at 4:00 pm-5:00 pm

Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/976796333

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 976-796-333

1. SWEET Issue 7 [0], [1] - Pier Luigi Buttigieg from ENVO will discuss
a possible coordination effort between ENVO and SWEET.

2. Lewis will brief us on the ESDS Search Relevance Working Group
recommendations issued in March.

3. Beth will brief on the RDA 9th Plenary in Barcelona.

4. Group discussion on how we can support the Drone cluster in their
ESIP Summer Meeting Hackathon

5. As time allows, other SWEET-related issues:

• SWEET ISSUE-6 [2] - URI transition and governance. Several issues need
to be discussed here, all of which are detailed at [2].
• SWEET ISSUE-8 [3] - Create a DOI for SWEET, how best to address this.
• SWEET ISSUE-10 [4] - Development of a SWEET Ontology Working Draft
Document. We need volunteer Editors who are interested in adding
documentation.
• ISSUE-3 [5] -  Identify Subject Matter Experts for Review and
Governance. We should construct an email and distribute it to relevant
mailing lists/forum’s essentially stating a request for input from
domain experts/subject matter experts.

[0]https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/issues/7
[1]https://github.com/EnvironmentOntology
[2]https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/issues/6
[3]https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/issues/8
[4]https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/issues/10
[5]https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/issues/3
[6]https://github.com/USCDataScience/sweet-neo4j

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to talking to you tomorrow.

Beth