[esip-semantictech] missing help documentation for ESIP COR

Carlos Rueda carueda at mbari.org
Thu May 25 11:12:22 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Just to clarify that a good part of the help documentation is actually not affected at all — the http://mmisw.org/orrdoc/ <http://mmisw.org/orrdoc/> site is hosted on a different machine.  However, there are a few links from this documentation pointing to the affected machine. In any case, I’m happy to address any questions you may have regarding the ORR in general and the COR instance in particular.

Carlos

> On May 24, 2017, at 9:40 PM, John Graybeal via esip-semanticweb <esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> As some of you may have seen, the ESIP Community Ontology Repository help system, and the other ORR systems, aren't serving their help pages. We maintained those help documents on a CentOS 5 Drupal system (MMI, for those who recognize the acronym) which had to be temporarily decommissioned, unfortunately before we thought to relocate the help documents. Fortunately, other operations of the COR are not affected, to our knowledge.
>
> The 'temporary' decommissioning of the MMI site has unexpectedly proven very difficult to recover. I want to reassure everyone that work has been under way to recover the site, and the ESIP COR help documentation. (Recovery options 1 and 2 having failed, I am parallel-tracking options 3, 4, and 5. Sigh.)
>
> So I am *pretty sure* this issue will be taken care of, and with any luck, before much more time has passed. Please accept my apologies for any difficulties, and my assurance we'll fix things much more robustly after these lessons. Feel free to contact me with questions, condolences, and offers of financial assistance!
>
> John

Carlos A. Rueda, PhD
Software Engineer
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute - mbari.org <http://mbari.org/>