[esip-semantictech] Will miss SWEET breakout session

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 27 13:40:18 EDT 2017

My apologies, I'm not feeling well so I came back to the hotel and I am going to sleep.
I hope the session goes well. I am working on an automated build for SWEET which checks incoming pull requests for quality and compatibility issues. Chris Mungall and Pier Luigi are aiding me with this.

The points I wanted to voice in the SWEET meeting were as follows

 - URI Transition: I think we should ask ESIP to purchase 'sweetontology.org', we should then transition all URI's to that domain and suffix. In addition, all URI's should be sanity checked to ensure that they comply with the style guidance provided by John Graybeal over on the MMI webpage. The document I am referring to can be found very easily via one of the issues in the SWEET Github repository.
 - alignment with ENVO, with Pier Luigi's assistance, establish the points of integration and functional alignment with ENVO.
 - hear from Tyler Stevens where SWEET used to align with GCMD if at all. If it did not, then we need to create a plan to identify areas of possible alignment.

The above will easily take 45 minutes, so I suggest 15 minutes each will do. At the end of the day, we need people to be active in the effort. It is very exciting to see such an opportunity come back to life. I'll catch up with several of you once I am back at the meeting.
Thanks
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone