[esip-semantictech] Looking for Earth science knowledge graphs

Ma, Xiaogang (max@uidaho.edu) max at uidaho.edu
Mon Jun 11 17:53:56 EDT 2018

In application practices of semantic web, network analysis, etc. I would treat a knowledge graph as a mixture of classes, instances and relationships in one or few domains.
I have an example about the geologic time: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12145-013-0110-x

  *   Geologic time is a ordinal (old to young) and hierarchical (Eon, Era, Period, etc.) structure
  *   There are different levels of classes about time intervals and points, instances (e.g. Jurassic) and relationships (e.g. Early Jurassic is part of Jurassic)

The very recent work of ontology and vocabulary was developed by Simon Cox: http://resource.geosciml.org/vocabulary/timescale/
I developed a visualization and information app using Simon’s work: http://geotime.tw.rpi.edu

Best,

—Marshall