[esip-semantictech] ACDD vocab as RDF

Jonathan.Yu at csiro.au Jonathan.Yu at csiro.au
Sun Nov 4 21:37:00 EST 2018

Hi all,

I've been observing the list for a while, but today have something to share that might be of interest to this mailing list.

I'm part of a working group developing a netCDF Linked Data (netCDF-LD) standard with tools over at https://binary-array-ld.github.io/netcdf-ld/

As part of this work, we've identified an opportunity for the ACDD vocabulary to be 'triplified' with stable identifiers hosted by ESIP. This would greatly help our efforts in providing a translation pathway from netCDF files (using ACDD and CF) into RDF and RDF profiles/flavours (like schema.org). This might hook into some of the discussion about schema.org and future work by ESIP Sem Web...

To this end, I'd like to share some initial work to turn the ACDD convention documented at (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery_1-3) into CSV.

This is being developed over at https://github.com/ESIPFed/acdd (see PR https://github.com/ESIPFed/acdd/pull/2).

The aim is to eventually publish through the COR. I have a test repo at http://cor.esipfed.org/ont/~jyu/test-acdd .

We'd appreciate any feedback or contributions to this work. An ambitious target would be to have this stabilised by Christmas :)

Regards,
Jonathan

p.s. if you're interested, see https://github.com/binary-array-ld/bald/wiki/Schema.org-mappings for an initial schema.org mapping.

Jonathan Yu
Senior Experimental Scientist | Data Scientist
Environmental Informatics<https://research.csiro.au/ei> | Water Resources Management | Land and Water
CSIRO
E jonathan.yu at csiro.au<mailto:jonathan.yu at csiro.au> T +61 3 9545 2457 M +61 4 7773 0733
Bayview Ave, Clayton VIC 3168, AUSTRALIA  | Postal Address: Private Bag 10, Clayton South VIC 3169, AUSTRALIA
www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/>
ResearcherID: F-2336-2011<http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-2336-2011> | ORCID: 0000-0002-2237-0091<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2237-0091> | Google scholar: _ikiM_EAAAAJ<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=_ikiM_EAAAAJ>

PLEASE NOTE