[esip-semantictech] Working towards science-on-schema.org as an ESIP Standard/Guideline

Ruth Duerr ruth.duerr3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:23:15 EST 2019

Hi All,

I heartedly agree with the concept of having the schema.org <http://schema.org/> guidelines endorsed by ESIP.  Having the citation guidelines endorsed by ESIP spurred change in agencies and eventually the world; so personally I think that doing this will drive change in a positive way.

I also like Adam’s 3 actions, though I note that the result of #1 doesn’t have to be too formal.  The citation guidelines model is simply that when they get out of date enough that someone has a strong enough desire or need to fix them and drums up support for that in the data stewardship committee, it happens….  In that case, through teleconferences with interested parties (in this case they are weekly).  That way all the sticking points get rigorous and focussed discussion in a condensed period of time.

My two cents,

Ruth