[esip-semantictech] ESIP-semanticweb teleconference

Jonathan.Yu at csiro.au Jonathan.Yu at csiro.au
Mon Feb 4 17:46:17 EST 2019

Hi Alex and all,

I’ve been interested in this discussion on science-on-schema.org and in particular crosswalks from netCDF to schema.org.

The Binary-Array-Linked-Data (BALD) working has been exploring mechanisms for taking metadata annotations in netCDF (CF/ACDD compliant in the first instance) and representing them in RDF (we call these BALD native RDF encodings) and then having other downstream encodings like schema.org. We had prototyped something late last year and details are in this GH issue https://github.com/binary-array-ld/bald/issues/80 (including something called a BALD server, which serves up HTML from that metadata with schema.org embedded as RDFa).

In short, we have a demonstrate a pathway from raw netCDf to vanilla schema.org JSON-LD and RDF. It would be awesome to have a science profile, and we could possibly extend what we have to include a pipeline from netCDF to that science profile of schema.org.

Happy to provide more details if there is interest.

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Yu
Senior Experimental Scientist | Data Scientist
Environmental Informatics<https://research.csiro.au/ei> | Water Resources Management | Land and Water
CSIRO
E jonathan.yu at csiro.au<mailto:jonathan.yu at csiro.au> T +61 3 9545 2457 M +61 4 7773 0733
Bayview Ave, Clayton VIC 3168, AUSTRALIA  | Postal Address: Private Bag 10, Clayton South VIC 3169, AUSTRALIA
www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/>
ResearcherID: F-2336-2011<http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-2336-2011> | ORCID: 0000-0002-2237-0091<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2237-0091> | Google scholar: _ikiM_EAAAAJ<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=_ikiM_EAAAAJ>

PLEASE NOTE