[esip-semantictech] [datadiscovery] Brief notes from Feb. 14 meeting, RDA Schemas for Research Data TF

mingfang mingfang.wu at ardc.edu.au
Thu Feb 14 23:22:01 EST 2019

 Dear members of RDA datadiscovery and esip-semanticweb groups:

A few of us joined today's meeting call.  Here is brief notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W1A6pglZ8UqArdBeWsaaILD_er0CiVcwM9prudn5v4E/edit#>
from the meeting.

In summary: Members are welcome to provide feedback in next 2-3 business
days to the survey questions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TOBbfChkWMJa-B2JzbXvts2CNRMRZK-j71TfAPFlxWo/edit?ts=5c1e3e9b#heading=h.dovs4c7yepzo>.
The survey aims to gather existing efforts working on Schemas to describe
research data and related resources. The survey would help us to find
common gaps for the working group (to be formed) to work on. We will invite
survey participants late next week.

The BoF session
<https://rd-alliance.org/ig-data-discovery-paradigms-rda-13th-plenary> at
RDA P13 also provides good opportunity to get member's input for the
planned working group on Schemas. There is a plan to write the WG case
statement and submit it within 3 weeks after P13, then go through RDA WG
reviewing and endorsement process, hopefully kick off the WG at P14.

There will be another meeting call for this task force in four weeks: *March
14, 8pm  UTC /12 noon PT/2pm CST/3pm EST/7am AEDT (15 March)*. *A reminder
with agenda will be sent when close to the date.*

*Kind regard,*
*Ming*

--
Dr Mingfang Wu

*Australian Research Data Commons <http://www.ardc.edu.au/> * T: +61 3 9902
4646 | E: mingfang.wu at ardc.edu.au | O:0000-0003-1206-3431
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1206-3431>
Physical address: Monash University, Building T, Ground Floor, 100 Sir John
Monash Drive, Caulfield East, VIC 3145