[esip-semantictech] [EXTERNAL] More information on SELFIE: the Second Environmental Linked Features Interoperability Experiment

David Blodgett dblodgett at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 26 21:38:20 EDT 2019

Hi Lewis,

I think your proposed solution may have some merit. The trick is getting the governance right. Something to discuss another time probably... there's a lot there.

I'm doing a lot with hydrologic unit codes... are you talking about exposing them for use in linked data? It's something we need to do but have some sticky issues to overcome first. (HUCs change more than you'd think and we've had a very hard time getting out from under the classical GIS web service style)

Happy to throw ideas around more if you like. -- looks like I'm going to be working on some SWOT stuff as a Cloud Early Adopter, so maybe we can work on that stuff there.

- Dave