[esip-semantictech] Next Steps for GeoSemanics Symposium Planning

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 18 16:18:09 EDT 2019

Hi Everyone,
The symposium planning is nearing completion.
All workshop and guest speaker slots are full. The event flyer is available for download and distribution so really all that is left to it is for people to get the word out and to register at https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/MKH5
I am having a joint telecon with the AWS SageMaker and Neptune teams on 2019-04-22 at 12:30 PST with the goal of communicating our goals for the Symposium and to provide guidance to the AWS teams regarding the anticipated interest of the attendees for content alignment.
If you are interested in joining us (please do as more voices would be better) then please reach out to me. I will forward you the invitation. This will be a short meeting so please think about the theme “Building Harmony between Data Semantics and Machine Learning” and how a company like AWS can help us achieve that vision in an afternoon workshop.
Thank you
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.(Hons)
Data Scientist III
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group (398M)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099